Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Slice of Life - Games

Mom and Rick playing Trivial Pursuit


Cory's Pac Man cake



Cory - 11th birthday party. That is Jaime in front of the cake.





Slice of Life is a weekly prompt to encourage writers to tell personal history stories. Click on the link to participate.


I am not a game person. I lose interest almost immediately, but my mother loved games. Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Poker, Uno - she loved them all. My brother used to come over on Sundays when my mother stayed with me. I would make a big supper and they would play Scrabble and Trivial Pursuit for hours. My grandchildren made me save the old Scrabble board because it reminded them of their grandmother. In fact, Jaime called Mrs. White her book grandma and my mother her game grandma. (I once caught my mother studying the Trivial Pursuit cards in preparation for playing with my brother who was the king of Trivial Pursuit.) I also included pictures of Cory's 11th birthday in 1982 because he had a Pac Man cake. It's kind of interesting to me to look at Cory's 11th and then at Jonah's 11th just a few posts back. Life goes on and the cycles repeat.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful pictures - I went and looked at the Jonah ones too - and I love it that the grandmas each had something they were "known" for. Makes me wonder if I'll be known for anything like that. :)

    ReplyDelete