Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Workspace


  Desk top
A sign I found at an antique store in Ybor City. I like to imagine it hung on a school principal's door.

The coffee table is always full of cook books, magazines and catalogs.


One bookcase and a basket of Country Living and Country Home mags.

My reading spot. Also used for watching Project Runway and the Cooking Channel. The long brown pillow is a perfect neck prop.

Bedside table. I am trying to read "The Piano Teacher" but haven't gotten into it yet. Instead I reread old favorites like "Under the Tuscan Sun" and "A Year in Provence". I am also a Susan Isaacs fan.

For artwork I have posters I found years ago and family pictures.


My new office for my part-time job with my friend, Dr. Linda Hebert Ford at Worldview Publishing.

I was inspired by Ruth's posting at Sync-ro-ni-zing of her work spaces and her book shelves. She has wonderful books but I must be honest. I am a reader of coffee table books, shelter magazines, and cookbooks. I did recently read "The Help" and "Water for Elephants" and I loved them. My daughter-in-law, Stephanie, recommends books to me. I also have a wierd interest in true crime books such as the ones by Ann Rule. I occasionally break out old favorites such as "Gone With the Wind" and "Little Women". Right now, I am reading "Hatchet" by Gary Paulsen with my grandson. My husband loves Dan Brown, Clive Cussler and James Rollins.

I used to love to read "Ladies Home Journal" and "Redbook" at my aunt Nellie's house. I never noticed for years that the dates on the magazines were very old. I still enjoyed them. Maybe my granddaughters will enjoy my magazine collection someday.
I have a new part time job with a long time friend. Years ago, as a school counselor, she and a co-worker created a social skills program called "Right Choices". She has parlayed that beginning into her own company, Worldview Publishing. I have done some editing and desktop publishing for her over the years, but now will be her part time secretary. My duties include mailing out materials, answering emails, creating a monthly newsletter using Constant Contact, and a little bookkeeping. I am excited.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job!! My husband enjoys the same books as your husband. I loved the Help. Last year's favorite was Salvation at the Dairy Queen. I return to Big Stone Gap time and again, still nothing replaces my love of Lord of the Rings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the job! They sure aren't easy to come by these days.

    ReplyDelete