Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas

Jonah's best present. There is a baby gecko in there if you look carefully.

Nibbles and Squeaky Toy

Mia and robot

Karin, Alan and Joyce



Jill with cookies

Erica

Connor and Vannon and stockings

Christmas morning tree.


Christmas mantel

Christmas Eve dinner

Christmas chandelier and Santa Elf



We had a happy Christmas Eve day with many friends and family. I literally cooked for two straight days and managed to not get stressed out. I WAS worried about where to put all the people and the two dogs who were coming. And the noise. With the parquet floors, sounds in this house tend to ECHO. But everyone helped. People just came in and started setting up, washing dishes, helping with the last minute cooking and putting it on the buffet table. Without this help, I could not have managed. Thank you to everyone. Somehow it all worked out. Of course, Jaime did everything including cooking a beautiful prime rib. We both think she is the reincarnation of my mother who was the queen of everything Christmas. It kind of skipped a generation with me so thank you, Jaime.
We also had phone calls from Roger's children and grandchildren up in Michigan in blizzard conditions. Martin made the most of it by going skiing and April and Ken and the kids got through the snow to spend Christmas with her mom and grandma. Cory and Troy called, too. They all thought it was funny when I told them Floridians sometimes truck in snow and people line up to play in it. It's true!
Merry Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Holidays to you. I came across your blog because I, like you, am looking to meet new people via blogging. I am a Grandma too but live on the west coast. I see also that you are interested in photography too! Have a terrific New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First comment ever. Someone's really out there.

    ReplyDelete